Tuesday, May 13, 2008

PUMP

Some of you may know that Nathan and I are taking our teens to Portland this summer.  We will be putting on a VBS at PUMP(Portland Urban Ministry Project). I am super excited about this opportunity to serve and grow and to see our teens grow.  
One of the best parts of mission trips is raising money.  Its also my least favorite part.  Asking for money is so uncomfortable, no matter how you do it.  But it also opens doors to sharing your love for Jesus and telling others why you want to spread the news.  
This past weekend we had a church wide garage sale.  I don't think that many people had faith in what God was going to do that day.  We ended up raising 15oo dollars.  It was a truly amazing day and I praise God for the things that He is already starting to do for our trip.

2 comments:

Debby McCrary said...

Even when we think this is for the good of others, it seems like God gives us a measure of HIS love and grace. Ya'll encourgae, insprie and live the love of God.
I praise HIM for your love and guidance.

Love, Mom

Papa said...

I'd say you're a pretty good fund raiser.

Dad