Sunday, July 27, 2008

Its not a plan....its a pla and random thoughts

So we almost have our moving plans together. That is why I am calling it a pla not a plan.
Nathan's baseball team lost on Saturday so we will not being going to the State tournament.  I was totally hit with reality after the game that we really are moving.   I've had a ton of emotions about it lately.  Some good and some sad. 
 Right now I feel like there is so much I want to do before we leave.  Montana really is beautiful and I will surely miss the amazing scenery here.  
I've heard people say that they feel closer to God here.  I know what they mean now.  Its so easy to see God here in the mountains, rivers, and trees.  How can people not love Jesus here?  I know that I will find God in the mid-west. In a different way.  But I think if I am ever struggling there I will hike to the top of Mt. Sentinal in my mind.  Or walk along the Clark-Fork river. Maybe even sit in our old front yard and look all around,  just to have that feeling of God's creation again.  I have learned a lot about creation here.  For example, I've decided that God created mountains for those times in our lives that are hard.  I hear him saying, "yes, life stinks right now, but look at what I can do, listen to me, look up and see what I can do."  I'm pretty sure that should be a scripture. And it helps.
I have had many hard times here.  In the past 2 in a half years I have been through a lot. Sometimes I think maybe even too much hurt.  But God knew I could handle it.  Its a whole lot easier to hurt in a place this amazing.
I have also have had some of the greatest experiences ever here.  Missoula will always be special to me.  After all this is where I met my husband.  God really smiled on me with him. We have made some great relationships here too.  Its truly been a blessing.  
Now, on to our pla...
Monday we will be getting last minute stuff done.

Tue-Wed we are going to Glacier.

Thursday our moving truck will be here to pick up our stuff.

Friday we are going to a going away party hosted by Nathans baseball team.

Saturday we leave Missoula.
Then arrive in Missouri on Monday.

If you are still reading this, I am including a list of things that we would appreciate prayers for.

1. a safe trip to Missouri
2. that we will be able to say goodbye and show our love for those who have loved us here.
3. that God will provide relationships for us in Sedalia.  I am really wanting to find people who       love Jesus and are excited to serve, as we did here.
4. that I(Lana) will find a job and a purpose there
5. that Nathan will love his job and not feel too overwhelmed.
6. that God will provide many opportunities to serve there.
7. that we will find a place to live

I'm sure there is more but for now that is what is on my heart.  We will be updating and keeping in touch with everyone.

5 comments:

Debby McCrary said...

I hope all goes well with your travels. I am so proud of your strenght and ability to seek God in need and in praise. No way could I imagine the journey that each of you are traveling. But like Nathan said, "With GOD, it's all good.
Are you ready for some company! I'm coming ....
Love, McMom

Debby McCrary said...

Lana-bear,
Go to Marta's blog, (by way of Myra's) and read her entry on the 24th of July titled "THREADS" I think she has a gift for putting good times and hard times into prepective
love, mcmom

Debby McCrary said...

Lana-bear,
Go to Marta's blog, (by way of Myra's) and read her entry on the 24th of July titled "THREADS" I think she has a gift for putting good times and hard times into prepective
love, mcmom

Rachel said...

I was just looking for a doula in Missoula, and found your blog. I'm sad you're leaving, because now I see that you're Lana of Nathan and Lana fame, who we have heard about from Jason and Amber. :( Anyhow, best of luck to you on your newest venture.

Rachel Wylie

Katie Bl said...

Happy Anniversary!!! (I know this is a few days late!) I heard you visited my fam and brought a whole crew of interesting people with you! Not surprising! I wish I could have been there! I hope your new life in Missouri is wonderful!