Friday, June 04, 2010

Mowing Adventures

Our yard hasn't been mowed in a while so I volunteered to do it.  I have never done a zero turn mower so it took some getting used to.  But after I knocked over the air conditioner and ran into the barn and almost got stuck in the ditch, I really enjoyed it.  Here are some highlights.

       
I had an outfit picked out for the event.  You can tell in the back ground that our grass was at least a foot tall.

The after shot.  See the swirls?  I learned how to do donuts.

I got much better and learned how to get around the tough spots.

This cat was very thankful for the short grass.

This orange lily(and spider) survived.  Others like it may not have.

        
This was the only life lost in the making of this blog.

3 comments:

myra said...

Hi-LAR-ee-us! I love that you have on overalls. And I can't believe you killed that frog! I'm going to tell Morgandy that you put an end to the the Prince.

Funny, funny stuff, Lana Banana.

Debby McCrary said...

Wow! I'm thinking you are going to miss a little of the country...I think you are made for it...I love the swirls in the grass, next time just cut out a huge butterfly.

Papa said...

Beautiful flowers.

Beautiful girl.

Beautiful pictures.

Thanks for sharing.