Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Adam's Birthday

Yesterday, January 8th, was my cousin Adam's birthday. Last year we spent the day at the Haven celebrating. The Haven is a great restuarant on the Nile river run by a German guy. It doesn't seem that long ago to me.
For 7 more days I will have memories of Adam from just a year ago. January 17th I won't have that anymore. I'll only have memories from the past years, which I don't remember a lot. Its come so fast and a lot has happened this year. I guess we'll just make good out of what we can.
My Uncle Terry is still in the hospital recovering from surgery. He had his prostate removed Monday. They thought he would make it home today but he has lost some blood and has to have a transfusion today. Hopefully tomorrow he will be back in his home.
Yesterday, I got a call from my brother, Alex. He broke his nose at play practice while catching another cast member. He got it set and says it looks pretty straight. What a day!
Nathan and I will be returning to Missoula next week after being gone for 4 weeks. We look forward to it but will miss the great times we had with our families.
Please keep my family in your prayers.

1 comment:

Debby McCrary said...

I know you and Nathan have been a blessing to Kathy, Terry & Grando. They think Nathan is the best, and we all love him for being your soft place to fall, as this year has left many heartaches without Adam.
It's been amazing how God has used this tragedy and given others a purpose to give, like Adam gave.
We are truely blessed that Adam is a part of our life.