Thursday, March 27, 2008

Praying for the Stars

I'm not a huge fan of reality shows.  In fact, I decided a couple of years ago to never watch American Idol again because of how easy it is to make fun of the contestants.  But this year I have started watching it again with Nathan and kinda my niece, Taylor.  Taylor and I e-mail about our favorites but its never negative. I enjoy watching it by myself or others that encourage and don't just make fun the whole time. I am amazed at how much courage these people have to sing in front of all those people.
Dancing with the Stars is my all time favorite show to watch.  I wish I could become a star so that I can be on that show.  I feel like it makes the stars more real to us normal folk.  Not all of them have the ability to dance. Some learn and some struggle but they are totally real on that show.  
With that said, I've been on a recent kick.  I really feel like we should be praying for all these stars that are struggling.  Its so easy to just make fun of them for some reason that I'm not sure of.  Britney Spears is often in the news and whether its true or not, whether she has brought this on herself or not, why we don't lift her up is beyond me.  I'm positive that if I had the same struggles that the stars do, I would be prayed for and loved on.  
Jesus says a lot in 1John 3 that we should love everyone, no matter who they are or what they have done.  In my 27 years of life I have been shown so much love from people I am close to and some I don't know.  Why not share our love with anyone who's hurting?  
That was just on my mind and I thought I'd share.  
Thank you so much to everyone who has ever loved on me.  

3 comments:

myra said...

Good thoughts Lana. And I love the new look of the blog. The anniversary ticker is cute!

Debby McCrary said...

O.K. that anniversary ticker, at a glance, I thought was another type of an announcement. Cool blog! Great suggestion....I join you in prayer!

Kelly T said...

Hey Lana, it's Kelly Tyson! Ok, so your thoughts on wishing you were a star so you could go on the show, that is what I think EVERY TIME I watch that darn show.