Wednesday, November 04, 2009

God is good...

We went to find out some results of a hormone test I took today. For some reason I had peace about finding out our results. I say "for some reason" because bad news seems to be very common in our life lately.
When I was at the Lighthouse in OKC, we often said, "God is good, all the time. And all the time, God is good." I think that I have recently forgotten this. No matter what God is there, even when everything feels like its falling apart.
Well today was a good day. After almost a year we now know what caused our miscarriages. My body doesn't make enough cortisol. This is a hormone that helps with energy throughout the day. I have lots of energy since I've been living a healthier lifestyle but still not what I should. Anyways, when your body doesn't make enough cortisol, it borrows from progesterone. So that is why when I was pregnant I wasn't making enough progesterone.
So the solution to this is for the most part easy. I need to watch my blood sugar and eat a good breakfast. Our doctor said that I need to be eating breakfast like I do dinner. I also need to eat more protein and fiber.
So I will once again have to work on my diet. But it will hopefully be worth it in the end. Thank you to all who prayed for us today! We will keep you updated!

3 comments:

Debby McCrary said...

Do you know how precious you are?
Grando is getting together BIG Breakfast menus :)

Also, THANK YOU GOD!

Kathy aka Pie said...

Keep up the good work. I am so proud of you & your dedication.

Lana said...

Good Luck to G- Do. I can't have gleuten, yeast, dairy, sugar or meat with hormones. I'm lost