Sunday, August 10, 2014

7

"As you walk close to me, saturating your mind with Scripture, I will show you how to spend your time and energy. My word is a lamp to your feet; My presence is a Light for your path." From Jesus Calling

I can get really excited about things.  From small things like shaved ice to big things like having a baby, I may burst at any moment.  My newest excitement is called 7 an experimental mutiny against excess. A friend thought I would love it and she was right!  Thanks Jenna!

So for the next 7 months, I will be riding my life of excess, by fasting from 7 different areas. And even more exciting is that I'm not doing it alone. We have formed a community.  I love community!

We decided to start on the 7th of each month.  This month we are fasting from food.  In the book, Jen Hatmaker(author), only eats 7 foods for a month.  I really wanted to do this but I'm still nursing and my little kids need variety.  So we changed to getting rid of 7 foods for this month.  Here is my list:  Cereal, Gluten, Chocolate, Red Meat, Sweets, Cheese, and Coffee.

The point of this exercise is to fill your self with Jesus.  It's a time to listen and a time to have faith that God will provide.  I'm excited to see what God will show me this month.  I want to saturate myself with God and know that He is enough.



Here is a list of what else we will be fasting from:

Clothing- next month I will only be wearing 7 items of clothing
Possesions- everyday for a month I will be giving away 7 items a day.
Media- I will stop using 7 forms of media for the month
Waste- we will recycle and find ways to not waste the blessing we have
Spending- only 7 places will get our money
Stress- we will stop a busy life and instead partake in 7 spiritual pauses.



No comments: