Thursday, January 04, 2007

Learning Lasoga

One of my favorite parts about being here in Africa is language lessons with Roy. Roy is a very smart Ugandan man. He teaches some of the missionaries language lessons. I have learned some of the language but I love hearing about the culture even more.
It will be hard to describe how different it is here in Uganda. I'm not sure if I even want to come back and tell everyone how different it is. Mainly cause I don't know how to yet. Things here are so hard to figure out. Yet the people here are great and have taught me so much already.
Talking to Roy has made me learn the culture here and understand the culture in America as well.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Lana! How do you say "Good Morning" and "Good afternoon" in Lasoga...(you might want to spell it phonetically so that I can actually say it correctly.) Thank you for keeping us updated on your stay :o).

Rachel said...

Hey Lana! I didn't realize until today that you were already in Africa! For how long? I found a link to your blog on Myra's blog. Keep up the blogging so I'll know what you're doing! How exciting!