Wednesday, April 09, 2008

To the love of my life...

This is a prayer that Nathan wrote in his writing class this summer.  I wanted to share it with you because he is amazing.

Father God:

I am continually amazed. Your servant David said my cup runneth over, I feel as though I am drowning in your blessings.  Perhaps, immersed is a more accurate term.  I pray that I can pour them back out onto others.  You have given me love I never imagined nor can understand.  How have you created this woman for me?  In Galatians Paul says, "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."  I praise you for that verse, because I cannot comprehend the love of my future wife.  I do not deserve it, I have not earned it, I cannot simply know it.  It is much like Your love, as it has been taken on faith- "Being sure of what you hope for and certain of what we do not see." She continually expresses her love for me, her faith in me, her confidence in me through love. Her love is made true and certain through her loving actions towards me. What I cannot understand I have the greatest hope in. Every day I experience her love, I understand Your perfect love more.  "This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us." How true is that; it is not that I love her but that she loves me, and I am sure, and that gives me life. I pray my new understanding makes me a better servant, a humble servant, a desperate servant.  You ask me to love my wife, "just as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for her." I will gladly make myself a "living sacrifice" for her; give me wisdom to do it in a way that will glorify her and You. Our love is a blessing from You, help us make it known. Our love is made perfect in You, help us share it. Grant me your wisdom, show me Your will. Protect her, and guard her life, as I cannot. Help us grow closer together emotionally and spiritually. Thank you for creating my best friend, help me love, care and provide for her. Thank you for shoving us perfect love through the gift of your Son whose name I pray, Amen.

I love you so much, Nathan. I know that we will be happy where ever we end up.  What ever we decide I know we will have peace because we have Jesus and each other.  Thank you for all your work and for wanting to give me the moon.  I can't wait to start our new adventure together. k
I love you,
L

No comments: