Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Greetings from Jinja Uganda

I hope that everyone is doing well! I am having a great time and loving Jinja too much.

I arrived with only half of my luggage. But today my cousin went to Kampala to get the other half.

I am on my own today trying to find my way around town and get my barrings.

I love this town and the people too much. Sorry I don't have pictures to show you, I forgot to bring my camera with me this time. But I can tell you about it and post pictures later. Anyways, it is beautiful! Jinja is so green. It is rainy season ,but I hear it is always like this. It is very warm and humid here. But not like Houston, it does cool down at night.

The people are amazing! I hope that when I leave here, I can be as faithful and loving as they are.

I have found things that are hard here that I didn't expect to be hard. But still I love Uganda and know that I will only grow to love it more. God is totally here and very easy to see in the people and the land.

Tomorrow I am going to Mombasa Kenya for a week. I am so excited about this trip. Last night my cousin and I were talking about it and this will be our 3rd ocean to see. How cool!
Well sorry that I have left a lot of blanks here, but I will fill you in soon.
I miss you and love you too much!
Have a Merry Christmas.
Lana

No comments: