Friday, September 25, 2009

A bump in the road

Week two of my liver cleanse has been quite a challenge. This week I came down with pneumonia. I went to see my naturalpathic doctor so that I wouldn't be put on anitbiotics. I know some of you are thinking that this is a crazy idea. I should want antibiotics right? Well I don't right now. I have worked very hard to get all the yeast out of my body. I've eaten great and only have one week left to drink the nasty stuff. Anyways, my doctor gave me lots of stuff and so far I feel much better.

I discovered that eating healthy is really hard when you are sick. Nathan and I have enjoyed eating healthy these past weeks. I don't really even miss the other stuff cause I know how it will make me feel after I've eaten it. Man, that last sentence would have come in handy in many areas of my life in the past. Anyways, the only thing is that everything has to be prepared and when your both sick, that is a challenge. But we managed and found some half way easy recipes to get us through.

I've had a couple people ask me if I'm going to keep this up after 6 months. I'm not sure that I will stay as strict, but I will make better choices. Eat healthy for a week and you will see the difference. Not only does it taste good, but you won't feel as bad after you eat.

Prayers for this week: Please continue to pray for my job. And that I will allow God to have complete control over my life. I've been trying to hard to do things on my own and its wearing me out. Also, pray that I can make it to Orlando next weekend. I really want to see my family and Mo will be there. I've been wanting to play with her for a while now.

4 comments:

Lana said...

you are doing great. i love you.

Lana said...

lana is nathan in this case

Papa said...

Way to go! I will hope you get to come to Florida and play with Mo and Me. Thanks for the update. I hope you get rid of that pneumonia. That is bad stuff.

Debby McCrary said...

I know prayers are in earnest for both of you and I can hear the difference just talking to you. You are loved beyond...