Thursday, September 03, 2009

Let's get personal...

I've debated whether to write this or not and decided why not? 1. No one reads this blog anyways. 2. This way I won't have to talk about it 400 times. So lets get personal and talk about my health.

A little background first

Last year Nathan and I moved to Missouri. As a person who suffers from allergies, its not the best state to live in. Yes, its pretty but I can't say that I have been able to enjoy the beauty through watery eyes.
Also last year we had two miscarriages. Last year was not the best year of my life. It by far was a hard year for us both. Things are getting better.

The allergies are just part of living here and can be helped but will probably not completely go away while we still live here.

I've never been told any real reason why I've miscarried. I've heard a lot of Doctors and people say its just something that happens. And I was told that my progesterone was low but that was never clear. So this summer I was put on progesterone and the only thing that happened was I had a period about every 2 weeks. Not fun.

So I recently got advice from a friend to go see a Naturalpathic Doctor. That she had seen one and he helped her with so many issues that I also have. So I found one in Columbia and so far have been very pleased.

Last week Nathan and I met with him for 2 hours and he took notes and asked questions about what I have been going through. I told him everything from having mono to allergies/sinus infections to miscarriages. He was really good at asking the right questions and helping us fill in the blanks as far as how the body works. And he sent me to get some basic blood work.

The Results...

First of all he asked me what we want to get under control the most. My answer is first and foremost I want to have a baby one day. The allergies will be here as long as I'm living here so they came in second for me. But one reason why I like this doctor is because everything goes together.

I'm pretty healthy over all. However, I must have had the worse case of Mono ever cause I still have it two years later. Its not so bad that I need to stay home from work and sleep all day(darn.) But it is causing some issues with my liver, my immune system, and my digestive system.

The liver produces hormones that I lack. So this is the main thing we will focus on in the next couple of weeks. Also because I have had so many antibiotics this past year my body is not making "good" bacteria any more. You don't always need antibiotics for everything because it kills all your bacteria so the next time you get an infection your "good" bacteria is not there to fight it off. So I'm going to be taking probiotics for a while to get my good bacteria back. Also I'm not anemic but my iron level is a little low(probably from the mono). So I'll be taking iron for a few months too raise my energy level. Also I'll be taking a B complex to raise my energy. To start off with I have to do a liver cleanse. I'm looking forward to this so I can start feeling better. I'm also going to take seaweed and Omega 3 to reduce inflamation that the mono has also blessed me with. Also I have to have a better diet. Almost like a yeast free or Glueten free diet.

This is how it all goes together. Make my liver better=better immune system=better digestive system= less allergies/infections and BABY

I'm sure this is confusing so feel free to ask questions.

Here are some things you can pray for....

1. I'm sure I can have a better diet but I think that this will be hard with my lifestyle now.
2. That this next 6 months go quickly
3. That I can feel so much better and be on my way to a healthy pregnancy
4. this is just a bonus but for school. It starts next week and I'm getting depressed about it. But that's a whole other blog.



4 comments:

Kathy aka Pie said...

Sounds like you have a plan. And a good plan. Hang in there & stick with it. I would be interested in finding a Naturalpathic doc also. Could you ask your doc if he knows one in the the OKC or Dallas area? We can talk more about it at WTR. Don't forget my present...
Love ya, the "other" Aunt Kathy

Debby McCrary said...

Do you know how proud I am of you? Your load has been hard to bear, and I'm thankful that you carry on. Praying for a clean liver, bacteria, and clear eyes...yes and for Diller Miller.
Love you for always and ever!

myra said...

So glad you're getting some answers that seem to make sense. I'm excited to hear that you will be hopefully getting some allergy relief, even if it's just a little bit. I know it's been a hard, long, wait but it will be worth it in the end. In the meantime enjoy every second of just "you and Nathan" time. Kids are a wonderful blessing but they time with just you and your hubby is priceless. Thanks for keeping us informed and letting us know how we can be praying.

Papa said...

Amen to what Myra and Mom said. As one who also suffered from allergies I can say that I know how that feels. I hope the allergies get better so that the other things can get better, too.

I love you.

Dad

PS. You might be surprised who all reads your blog.