Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 19

I am thankful to God for showing me a good and beautiful life.

Last night I went with Nathan's family to see the Rockettes preform.  It was a great show but the show afterwards was even better.  Nathan's cousin is coming home today from Africa.  He is on leave for the Thanksgiving holidays.  His mom and girlfriend were with me last night and both were glowing.  It was so great to see how excited they were in their own ways.  Patty(the mom) was so excited to have her son home, and soon all of her kids.  Caitlin(the girlfriend) was beaming with excitement to have her love home soon.  I think we could have spent our whole time in an empty stadium and they would have been so happy.

Patty is very outgoing and talks to everyone.  I love it because it reminds me of my family.  Not many people in my family have ever met a stranger.  Patty is the same way and last night was talking to everyone.  As we left the show, Caitlin and I noticed that Patty wasn't with us.  So we waited knowing that she was most likely talking to someone.  When she got down to the exit she turned and started talking to the usher.  I stayed and waited for her.  I'm not really familiar with the venue and didn't want to get lost myself, so I just stood by the wall half listening to her conversation and half wanting to get going.  As she left usher I heard the usher say,"Have a great time with your son and enjoy your holidays."  I thought oh my she is telling every person who will listen about Jacob coming home tomorrow.  I think that is so awesome.  What a love she has for her son.

 I thought about Jesus and wondered if this is how he would spread the Gospel if He had been at the Rockettes show.  I think Jesus totally would have.  He would go around and tell everyone about the love he has to offer and about the amazing things that his followers are doing and how he can't wait to greet them.

I also thought about how we can often get caught up in our life and want to get going instead of stopping and listening to good news.

I'm excited for Jacob and his family today.  I am really excited for the people who will be at the airport today from 3:00 to 4:00 because I'm sure Aunt Patty will be sharing her good news with all of them.  I'm thankful that God reminded me that if I would stop and listen I can witness a good and beautiful life.

1 comment:

Debby McCrary said...

That's as good as it gets! Glad you had a great time and so happy for Patty & Caitlin.