Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 27 and 28

When we were at the Theology Lab in October we were asked to make a list of "Rules of Life."  I made mine and Nathan made his and when we got home we put them on our bathroom mirror.  I must confess that usually I am terrible at this kind of thing.  I'll do really well for a week and then forget about it.  But this time I have stuck with them.  I've made a commitment to do these rules until the baby gets here and then I will make new ones.  Life is always changing so your rules probably should too.
I've realized this past week that these rules are helping me be better.  I'm thankful for this.  I'm grateful that God knows what I need in certain seasons of my life.  I'm thankful that God is showing me how to be a better part of His Kingdom.
One of my rules was to speak only in love.  This one is really hard.  And I'm not always perfect.  But I've gotten better and that I am thankful for.  This rule may stay on my next list too.

No comments: